Chief of Staff to the CEO
At Sudden Coffee, we believe that a great cup of coffee can transform your day. Our mission is to make world-class coffee accessible and affordable for all. In service of that mission, we created the world's first single-origin instant coffee. It tastes like coffee made at a hipster cafe--only possible by combining a deep expertise of coffee, chemical engineering, & industrial engineering. We make everything from our factory in San Francisco!
Sudden Coffee has been featured in Bloomberg, The New York Times, Food & Wine, and more. We are backed by YCombinator, Founder Collective, and CRV.
Sudden Coffee has grown rapidly in the last year, and we are on the path to raise a Series A. We are seeking a Chief of Staff to the CEO to help us take the company to the next level.
In this role, you will wear many hats - business operations, strategy, investor relations, culture & HR.
You’ll be responsible for developing our core business processes, tracking company performance, running a portion of day to day operations, and working closely with the CEO to develop our longer term strategy. You’ll also be responsible for executing on high priority projects.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter who is willing to get their hands dirty in an ambiguous, fast-paced startup environment.
This role may feed into running a business line over time.
This is the perfect role for a consultant, biz ops analyst, or investment banker who wants to found their own startup in the near future.
- Drive high-priority, cross-functional projects to completion
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO
- Create, track, and analysis company wide metrics and P&L
- Manage all financial modeling for the organization -- revenue analyses, operating costs, long-term projections, etc.
- Run regular meetings with executive team members to review metrics
- Prepare data analysis and presentations for board meetings and investor communications
- Develop strategy with board members & CEO
- Attend board meetings or investor meetings
Culture & Performance Management
- Develop more rigorous HR systems and processes - How does hiring work? How do career paths work? What is our performance review process?
- Implement changes to improve company culture
- 2-3+ years experience in management consulting, business operations, investment banking, or similar role at a startup
- Strong data analysis & financial modelling skills (Pivot Tables & INDEX/MATCH are your go-to)
- Independent & strong leader - you love diving into tough situations and motivating a team
- High EQ - you care about people. Strong ability to influence and collaborate with team members or external stakeholders. You have ideas about culture
- Strong J (MBTI) - you’re comfortable creating structure out of chaos. You create systems and get others bought in
- Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible to reprioritize projects in line with demands of the business
- Love getting your hands dirty - if a shipment needs to go out, you’ll hop in an Uber and head to UPS
- Dynamic individual contributor - you’re able to dive into Excel or plan a team event. You take ownership and don’t wait for others.
- Love specialty coffee, craft food, or CPG brands - you love thinking about the physical world and making customers happy
Bonus (preferred, but not required)
- 2+ years experience in FP&A / corporate finance / HR
- Experience with web development or coding
- Management experience
We offer a competitive equity & cash compensation package based on experience - including healthcare, on-the-job training, and of course a generous coffee benefit so that you can enjoy the luxuries of your hard work!
- Free lunch
- Healthcare Package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Etc.
- Free Coffee!!!