Technical Coffee Production Associate
At Sudden Coffee, we believe that a great cup of coffee can transform your day. Our mission is to make world-class coffee accessible and affordable for all. In service of that mission, we created the world's first single-origin instant coffee. It tastes like coffee made at a hipster cafe--only possible by combining a deep expertise of coffee, chemical engineering, & industrial engineering!
We are seeking a Coffee Production Associate who will play multiple parts in producing our specialty instant coffee. You will work alongside the head brewer to make some of best coffees in the world using our innovative brew process and technology. In addition, you will participate in our proprietary concentration process--an exciting operation that makes production possible at a massive scale.
This is an opportunity to learn a ton about coffee science as well as complex manufacturing processes. You will become an expert at operating our two largest sets of machinery. And ultimately, your work will have the greatest impact on the quality of our end-product.
This is an ideal opportunity for a fast learner with production experience who is excited to tackle multiple physically demanding and operationally complex processes!
- Brew 1-2 500 lb production runs per week
- Contribute to 1-2 concentration / CIP runs per week
- Take ownership of production equipment (maintenance, cleaning, improvements, etc.)
- Assess opportunities to reduce labor hours and materials expenses for each process
- Track and analyze data related to each brew and concentration run
- Coordinate with vendors as needed for repairs or enhancements
- Research methods and equipment to improve efficiency and quality
- Provide surge support to other production areas as needed
DISCLAIMER: This is a physically demanding job that requires shoveling and lifting loads of coffee up to 50lbs on brew days, as well as occasional 10-12 shifts on concentration runs.
At a minimum, the Coffee Production Associate must have the following:
- Brewing experience: 0-2 years of experience in a production brewery
- Data-driven: You take notes, track data, and use that information to make decisions
- Self-starting attitude: You don't wait for instructions; you like to figure things out
- Sense of community: You happily jump in to support your team, no matter the situation
- Communication: You raise issues to others when you notice them
- Versatility: You’re flexible shifting roles in a fast-paced startup environment
- Improvement mindset: You constantly ask “how can we make this better?”
- Process orientation: You follow instructions well, down to the last detail
- Safety mindset: You follow safety procedures and seek opportunities to improve them
- Physical ability: You can regularly lift/carry loads up to 50lbs at a time, climb ladders and stairs, and stoop/kneel/crawl without strain
Bonus (Preferred, but not required):
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing and workflow management
- Experience in the coffee industry or the science of coffee
- Experience in food or food manufacturing
- You love coffee!
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience including healthcare, on the job training, and of course a generous coffee benefit so that you can enjoy the luxuries of your hard work!
- Free lunch
- Healthcare Package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Etc.
- Free Coffee!!!