At Sudden Coffee, we believe that a great cup of coffee can transform your day. Our mission is to make world-class coffee accessible and affordable for all. In service of that mission, we created the world's first single-origin instant coffee. It tastes like coffee made at a hipster cafe--only possible by combining a deep expertise of coffee, chemical engineering, & industrial engineering!
We are seeking a Brewing Associate who is interested in making specialty coffee at a massive scale. In this role, you will be trained by world-class coffee experts on how to craft amazing coffee. You will work alongside the head brewer to make some of best coffees in the world using our innovative process and technology. Brewing at Sudden Coffee happens in large batches of 500lbs at a time, so you will learn to operate at an industrial scale.
This is an opportunity to learn a ton about coffee science as well as complex manufacturing processes. You will be at the center of it all, helping us transform bean to brew in-house through our proprietary process.
If you believe in meeting people at their level and crafting the finest coffee, you may be a good fit at Sudden. We’re looking for passionate team members to help catalyze a new wave of coffee around the world.
- Brew 2-4 500 lb production runs per week
- Receive every shipment of coffee beans, handling and storing appropriately
- Grind beans and shovel coffee grounds into brewing tanks
- Dispense coffee and clean equipment after each brew, including disposal of wet grounds
- Take ownership of our brewing equipment (maintenance, cleaning, improvements, etc.)
- Track and analyze data related to each brew
- Research methods and equipment to improve the efficiency and quality of our brews
- Provide surge support to other production areas as needed
DISCLAIMER: This is a physically demanding job that requires you to regularly shovel & move large loads of coffee--up to 50 lbs at a time.
At a minimum, the Brewer Associate must have the following:
- Brewing experience: 0-2 years of experience in a production brewery
- Data-driven: You take notes, track data, and use that information to make decisions
- Self-starting attitude: You don't wait for instructions; you like to figure things out
- Sense of community: You happily jump in to support your team, no matter the situation
- Communication: You raise issues to others when you notice them
- Versatility: You’re flexible shifting roles in a fast-paced startup environment
- Improvement mindset: You constantly ask “how can we make this better?”
- Process orientation: You follow instructions well, down to the last detail
- Safety mindset: You follow safety procedures and seek opportunities to improve them
- Physical ability: You can regularly lift/carry loads up to 50lbs at a time, climb ladders and stairs, and stoop/kneel/crawl without strain
Bonus (Preferred, but not required):
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing and workflow management
- Experience in the coffee industry or the science of coffee
- Experience in food or food manufacturing
- You love coffee!
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience including healthcare, on the job training, and of course a generous coffee benefit so that you can enjoy the luxuries of your hard work!
- Free lunch
- Healthcare Package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Etc.
- Free Coffee!!!